Our client is an established mail order and online fashion retailer and is looking to recruit a German to English Language Translator/Copywriter.
The role will be based in Central London and involves providing outstanding German to English translation and copywriting.
You will be creating copy for catalogues and online stores through translation, copywriting, web-based Translation Management Systems and automatic content creation. We are looking for a proactive and creative Translator/Copywriter who can translate and localise content for the UK website and catalogue from German to English, plus they must be interested in working with automatic text generation programmes.
The majority of writing tasks will be based around product copy, but other tasks such as blog, SEO, call centre scripts and transcription may be introduced.
- Translating and localising product descriptions from German into the English language using various tools such as web-based Translation Management Systems and automatic content creation tools
- Maintaining excellent attention to detail and verifying that copy and layouts are correct in spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, typeface, size, style, and any mechanical errors. This includes verifying brand consistency and brand guidelines.
- Work across multiple brands, assuring the work is on brand/tone with their brand guidelines, messaging, and nuances.
- Make sure all brand guidelines, glossaries and translation memory software are constantly up to date
- Ensuring that final language versions fit the correct cultural context – revise if necessary
- Compile terminology and information into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Essential)
- Experience in creating elegant, engaging editorials with an eloquent writing style for various offline, digital and social media channels and advertising and marketing campaigns
- English mother tongue with a Bachelor’s Degree in German or German mother tongue with a Bachelor’s Degree in English OR a Degree in Translation Studies is essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and ideally Indesign
- Understanding SEO and Key Word optimisation is an advantage
- Estimated productivity range for Translating:
- New copy: 1,500–2,500 words per day
- New and existing copy: 3,000–5,000 words per day
- Existing copy: 5,000–6,000 words per day
- Estimated productivity range for Proofreading:
- Complex: 1,400 words per hour
- Simple: 2,800 words per hour
Salary £28 – £30k depending on experience
If you have a background in B2C Digital Copywriting / Translation / Blogging/content creation and are bilingual in English and German this is an amazing career opportunity with a fast-moving, friendly and very successful company.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Job type: Permanent